Colby’s practice is focused on personal injury litigation and he currently helps manage the litigation department at The Advocates. He specializes in automobile, motorcycle and cycling accident cases. Colby earned his law degree from the University of Utah, S.J. Quinney College of Law where he graduated with Honors and served as an Articles Editor of the Utah Environmental Law Review.
Before joining The Advocates, Colby gained invaluable legal experience working as an attorney for two of Utah’s most prestigious large law firms, Snell & Wilmer and Jones Waldo, as well as serving in a senior attorney role for a Fortune 500 insurance company. In addition, Colby has been published in The Enterprise—Utah’s Business Journal, taught continuing legal education courses for The National Business Institute, and been named in Utah Business Magazine as one of Utah’s Legal Elite on multiple occasions.
While not in the office, Colby enjoys spending time with his wife and four children. He loves being outdoors and spends his free time exploring the mountains with his family, hiking, backcountry skiing, mountain biking, road cycling and wake surfing.
- University of Utah, S.J. Quinney College of Law (J.D., 2011)
- Articles Editor, Utah Environmental Law Review
- CALI Award and College of Law Outstanding Achievement Award recipient
- Marriner S. Eccles Foundation Merit Entrance Scholarship
- Weber State University (B.A., Political Science, 2008)
- Dean’s List & Pi Sigma Alpha Honor Society
- Weber State University Mock Trial Team Member & Scholarship Recipient, 2006-2008
- First American Title Insurance Company, State Counsel/Senior Underwriting Counsel (2018-2020)
- Jones, Waldo, Holbrook & McDonough, P.C., Attorney (2017-2018)
- Snell & Wilmer, Attorney (2014-2017)
- Cragun Law Firm, Attorney (2011-2014)
- Eisenberg & Gilchrist, Law Clerk (2010)
- Utah State Bar – 2011