At The Advocates Law Firm, we are committed to continued learning throughout life, and we believe that through education we better ourselves and our communities. Understanding the financial burden higher education can bring to students and their families, we are offering our help to you through our Advocates Scholarship.
- Write 300-500 word essay on the following topic:
What are some of the daily problems bicyclists face on the roads? How aware are we of bicyclists and the laws associated with them? How can you contribute to improving awareness and road safety for bicyclists?
- All prospective or current students enrolled in an accredited university or college, located within the United States may submit an application.
- $1000 is offered biannually
- This scholarship is ongoing, and awards are available biannually
- Fall Term: December 15th
- Spring Term: May 30th
Scholarship Terms and Conditions:
- By submitting your essay, you agree to our terms and conditions.
- Only your email and phone number will be used to contact you concerning the scholarship. We will not provide this information to any 3rd party. Your name and the name of your school may be used if you are selected as a prizewinner, or if you are part of our honorable mentions.
- If you do not fill out all necessary information, you will forfeit your consideration for this scholarship.
- As previously mentioned, if you are selected as the prize winner, we will contact you through email or phone, and the award will be sent to your accredited institution.
- If you are selected as the scholarship winner, we will contact you for a profile photo to be included with your scholarship on our scholarship page.
Meet Our Fall 2018 Winner
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 840 bicyclists were killed in 2016. This is a 1.6% increase from 2015, meaning that 1.6% more bicyclists never returned home to their families due to accidents with motorists (“Bicyclists”). With the various technological advancements made in all industries, the way we live our lives has changed and is still changing drastically. We’ve become accustomed to convenience, making cars the most attractive and used form of transportation.