The Advocates Scholarship
At The Advocates Law Firm, we are committed to continued learning throughout life, and we believe that through education we better ourselves and our communities. Understanding the financial burden higher education can bring to students and their families, we are offering our help to you through our Advocates Scholarship.
- Write 300-500 word essay on the following topic:
What are some of the daily problems bicyclists face on the roads? How aware are we of bicyclists and the laws associated with them? How can you contribute to improving awareness and road safety for bicyclists?
- Go to our Instagram page @advocatesinjuryattorneys. Follow us and comment a little bit about yourself, where you’re from, what school you go to, and tag your best schoolmate.
- All prospective or current students enrolled in an accredited university or college, located within the United States may submit an application.
- $1000 is offered biannually
- This scholarship is ongoing, and awards are available biannually
- Fall Term: January 31st
- Spring Term: June 30th
Scholarship Terms and Conditions:
- By submitting your essay, you agree to our terms and conditions.
- Only your email and phone number will be used to contact you concerning the scholarship. We will not provide this information to any 3rd party. Your name and the name of your school may be used if you are selected as a prizewinner, or if you are part of our honorable mentions.
- If you do not fill out all necessary information, you will forfeit your consideration for this scholarship.
- As previously mentioned, if you are selected as the prize winner, we will contact you through email or phone, and the award will be sent to your accredited institution.
- If you are selected as the scholarship winner, we will contact you for a profile photo to be included with your scholarship on our scholarship page.
- IMPORTANT: It may take several weeks after the deadline for us to read all entries and select a winner. In the meantime, please do not call or use the live chat function to inquire about your entry. These lines of contact go directly to attorneys and are for injury case inquiries only.If you are selected as a winner, The Advocates will contact you via phone or email and the money will be sent directly to your institution.
Meet Our Winter 2023 Scholarship Winner – Victoriana Shannon
“Growing up, my understanding of the challenges that bicyclists routinely faced was grounded in the tragic narratives my mother would relay to me of close friends, colleagues, and strangers. As I got older, and we moved to the countryside of San Antonio, encounters with bicyclists became frequent and expected, and each time my mother would again say, “These roads are dangerous for them.” While that seemed to be true, why was it the case?”