the advocates helping hand

Bus Accident


Bus accidents | The Utah Advocates

Bus Accidents: Who is Liable?

Did you know that buses are one of the safest ways to travel? It’s been said that being in a bus accident is almost as rare as being struck by lightning. Nevertheless, bus accidents do occur, and while there may be fewer injuries and deaths due to a bus accident, they are typically caused by the same reasons as other vehicular accidents: distracted driving or negligence.

Figuring out who is liable for your injuries is what makes a bus accident case quite challenging and unique to deal with. There are more people to point fingers at in a bus accident case, so our job, as Advocates, is to make sure we’re building you a strong personal injury claim against the right person.

Bus Accident Questions

Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about bus accidents:

  • Who will pay my medical bills?
  • How do I get my car fixed?
  • Where do I go for medical treatment?
  • What documents do I need to save?
  • How long will this process take?
  • Do I even have a case?
  • Who could I have a case against?
  • What should I do next?

You may also be asking yourself how you’re going to file a claim for your injuries. Let’s say you’ve been injured in a bus accident and it was the bus driver’s fault. You will more than likely have to file your personal injury claim against a greedy, government-operated entity, which won’t be easy.

Filing a claim against a big government operation means you’ll be fighting against their wealthy lawyers paid to primarily focus on their company’s needs and not your medical bills. The Advocates are skilled in navigating bus accident victims just like you through the complex, time sensitive laws that inevitably come with filing a claim after an accident.

Utah Transit Laws

A bus, or any other form of paid transportation—taxis, shuttles, or trains—accept fees in exchange for transportation. Because they collect fees, they are required to have certain licensing and training to operate the vehicles. Transit and bus drivers are held to a higher standard of safety, and failing to meet those standards can lead to accidents where fault can be assigned to the driver, or to the entity that provided the training, or maybe the people who maintain the vehicles.

As you can tell, there are many facets to being in a bus or transit accident. It’s easy to get tangled in a web of unfamiliar legal territory!

In Utah, there is a Statute of Limitations for accident claims. Typically this is four years from the date of a bodily injury accident, and three years for a property damage claim. But when it comes to bus or mass transit accidents, the Statute of Limitations is different—actually, it’s different for each particular entity of government. Don’t worry though, The Advocates will make sure that your claim is filed and your settlement is in before that time runs out!

Bus Accident Attorneys

Knowing who to call at such a stressful time is extremely important if you want to build a winning personal injury case. Our team of personal injury attorneys have represented cases like yours for the last two decades. We are experienced in filing claims, negotiating with pushy insurance adjusters, and putting our clients’ needs first above all else.

If you (or someone you love) have been injured in a bus or train accident, call The Advocates for a free evaluation at (801)-326-0809. Our consultations are always free. Don’t hesitate to call The Advocates today.

Our attorneys are available 24/7 to answer your questions. All you have to do is pick up the phone!

Call the Advocates at 801-326-0809 today – The call is always free