Steve Linton has been with The Advocates Law Firm for over ten years. In that time, Steve has assisted hundreds of people who were injured here in Utah and other states as a result of accidents caused by someone else’s negligence. Steve has helped his clients in recovering more than $30 million as compensation for their injuries. Steve has experience with all kinds of injury cases including car accidents, semi-truck accidents, auto-pedestrian accidents, slip-and-fall incidents, wrongful death, and mass tort litigation.
Before joining The Advocates, Steve began his career working for a well-respected insurance defense firm here in Salt Lake City where he advised and assisted insurance companies and their clients in auto accidents, slip-and-falls, construction defect litigation, and mass tort defense. Having worked both sides of the aisle, Steve has a unique understanding of personal injury cases and how cases are handled from the claims stage all the way through trial and appeal.
For his efforts as a personal injury attorney, Steve has been recognized by his peers as one of the legal elite in Utah Business Magazine and as a Rising Star by the Mountain States Super Lawyers.
When not at work, Steve loves spending time with his wife and two children. Steve enjoys the outdoors, open-water swimming, golfing, traveling, cooking and finding new restaurants.
- University of Utah S.J. Quinney College of Law – J.D. 2001
- Brigham Young University – B.A. History (minor, International Relations) 1997
- Partner, Attorney – Driggs, Bills and Day – 2004-present
- Attorney, Law Clerk – Morgan Minnock & Rice – 1999-2004
- Note & Comment Editor, Journal of Law 7 Family Studies – 1999-2001
- Teaching Assistant, University of Utah College of Law, Civil Procedure – 1999
- Student Teacher for a “Street Law” Course, West High School – 1999-2000
Admitted to Practice
- Utah, All Courts
- United States District Court for the District of Utah
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- Utah State Bar Association
- Utah Association for Justice
- American Association for Justice