Defective Drugs: What Are They
Pharmaceutical drugs must always undergo a series of tests before they become FDA approved. The purpose of those tests is for the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to decide whether or not the benefits of the drug outweigh its potential side effects. But, while that may be true, there are a number of drugs that were deemed FDA approved to treat illness and disease, in hopes of improving the quality of life, have ended up being some of the most dangerous and harmful personal injury drugs in the market.
Pharmaceutical companies have been known to sell defective drugs despite safety and health risks. In fact, there have been countless class action lawsuits filed against pharmaceutical companies and large settlements won to prove this. Our defective drug injury attorneys here at The Advocates have experience with several mass torts, representing defective drug injury cases against pharmaceutical companies.
Our legal experts at The Advocates have represented clients for defective drug injuries from a wide variety of harmful prescriptions, including Fen-Phen, Vioxx, Yazz/Yasmin and many others. The Advocates have won millions of dollars for their clients who have suffered injuries after using defective drugs. And while it can sometimes be difficult to determine if you have a winning personal injury lawsuit, you can always contact us by calling (801) 326-0809 for a FREE consultation.
What is a Defective Drug Injury Claim?
There can be many different factors that play a crucial role in determining whether or not you have a defective drug injury claim. Some of those factors include:
- The type of drug you used
- The length of time in which you used the prescribed medication
- The reason you were prescribed the medication
- How the defective prescription affected your body
If you begin to experience side effects that outweigh the benefits of the prescribed drug, it’s very important that you seek immediate medical attention, or contact your doctor, right away. These side effects can take up to years to fully be exposed in your system, but when you notice them, you should always call your doctor.
Defective Drug Injury Case: A Must Know
A defective drug injury case can be extremely complex, so here are some useful tips to help protect yourself from dangerously defective drugs, and how to proceed if you believe you have been harmed by defective drugs:
- Your health comes first. If you suspect that you have been injured by using a defective prescription drug, you should seek medical attention at once.
- If you have seen a defective drug report or heard the news about a prescription drug you’re taking, see your medical professional right away. Do not stop taking the prescribed drug without consulting with your doctor first. If your doctor agrees that you have been injured due to a defective drug, they will advise you to stop taking the drug and to dispose of the medication.
- You should always keep the medication as evidence in the event that you need to seek compensation for defective drug injuries.
- Be sure to keep any receipts, bottles, or packaging from the defective drugs to keep as evidence in the event that you become injured or have serious side effects from a defective drug. You will need evidence for your attorney to help you win your claim or litigation.
- Contact a defective drug attorney. The pharmaceutical companies and insurance companies employ teams of medical and legal professionals to help protect their interests. If you think you have been injured from the complications of a defective drug or your doctor has informed you that you are the victim of a defective prescription – call the defective drug lawyers at The Advocates today! Don’t let your injury become another profit for the pharmaceutical companies, call now at (801) 326-0809.
What Will My Defective Drug Compensation Look Like?
Obtaining compensation from pharmaceutical companies or their insurance companies is like pulling teeth. Even if a pharmaceutical company has been found liable for patient injuries, or if settlement money has already been awarded to those with injuries from mass torts, the pharmaceutical companies still employ teams of lawyers and legal experts to help keep settlement costs down and protect their profits.
Having a defective drug injury lawyer can help you determine the best course of action for your case or settlement. In some cases, a defective drug may already have a class action lawsuit pending, or settlement money already set aside for patients who experienced a defective prescription injury. When you are seeking compensation for your defective drug injuries, working with an Advocate that has experience and knowledge in defective drug cases can help ensure that you receive fair and adequate compensation for your injuries.
Other Important Defective Drug Claim Information:
Defective Drug Lawsuits
In an attempt to keep settlement amounts as low as possible, the pharmaceutical companies will try to offer settlements and payouts at lower amounts to victims of their defective drugs in an attempt to keep awards as low as possible. Filing a lawsuit against a big insurance or pharmaceutical company that employs teams of expert lawyers and medical professionals can be a daunting and expensive process. Because the costs associated with a lawsuit against large corporations can be astronomical, most people that suffer a defective drug injury will simply accept a settlement offer hoping to get any money toward the costs they have incurred due to their injury.
The defective drug attorneys at The Advocates are contingency lawyers. The lawyers working your case are only paid if, and when, they win your case. This takes the financial risk away from a defective drug lawsuit and gives the victim an opportunity to have competent representation for their case. At The Advocates, our goal is to protect our client’s rights, to aid in their recovery, and to get them the most money possible for compensation.
Defective Drug Class Action
You may have seen advertisements for a class-action suit against big pharmaceutical companies because of the number of victims that have been injured from a defective prescription drug that was prescribed around the country. A class action lawsuit happens when a group uses a liable party rather than one individual suing, one case at a time. When a company has been found liable for a harmful prescription drug, people can take advantage of suing as a group and this can help save time and court costs, as well as legal fees.
A defensive drug class action lawsuit is often referred to as a mass tort, a mass tort is effectively the same as a class action where numerous plaintiffs take civil action against one or a few corporate defendants in state or federal court. The defective drug attorneys at The Advocates have fought and won several successful mass torts against pharmaceutical companies and have the experience you need to get you the compensation you deserve.
Defective Drug Legal Fees
Oftentimes, victims of a defective prescription drug injury will be afraid to take civil action against a large company out of fear of the legal costs and the financial risk of losing their case or being unable to reach a fair settlement outside of court. The Advocates understand this risk and have modeled their service to help remove the stress and cost of defective drug legal fees from filing a claim or lawsuit.
Here at The Advocates, you don’t pay until we win your case or have settled your claim on your behalf. We have gained a reputation in the industry for aggressively negotiating and litigating on behalf of our clients to get them the best results, and the most money possible for their claim. Our experience in litigating against big pharmaceutical companies and mass torts for defective drugs makes us notorious for getting our clients the compensation they deserve.
Call us (801)-326-0809 for a FREE case evaluation or speak to one of our attorneys on our homepage.