Safety Protocol for Moving SeasonFernando Jimenez / 0 Comments /
As Summer Turns into Fall, Please Remember Proper Moving Protocol:
While younger children have another couple of weeks until schools starts, college students are starting to move into their new apartments, houses and dorms this week. This time is very exciting for the recent high school graduates who are looking forward to turning to a new chapter in their lives. The students get to look forward to meeting new classmates, making new friends and tackling new challenges.
Discounting the exciting introductions and tearful goodbyes these young adults – and their parents – will experience, the group needs to keep in mind proper safety precautions for moving boxes, beds and books into their new home.
- Here are some moving tips to help to keep your head, knees and toes all in shipshape for the remainder of the year.
- When packing, make sure each box weighs less than 50 pounds.
- When packing, make sure the heavier items are toward the bottom of the box.
- When packing, be careful with fragile items, and mark the box fragile.
- Make sure you are parked as close to the moving boxes as you can be.
- When lifting, squat to pick up the boxes.
- NEVER lift with your back. Once again, use your legs.
- Make sure the boxes you are using will hold the weight you are carrying.
- Wear proper clothing – nothing loose that could get caught in something – and footwear – no open toed shoes.
- Keep an emergency kit on hand in case of any accident.
If you are injured in a moving accident – and it was due to a slip and fall of someone else’s incompetence – contact the expert attorneys with The Advocates. The best lawyers with The Advocates are available for a free consultation 24 hours a day and seven days a week. We want to make sure that you are able to focus on recovery, and let us take care of the rest. Anytime, Anywhere, Advocates.