8 Mistakes to Avoid After a Car AccidentFernando Jimenez / 0 Comments /
Car Accident Tips
You were just in a car accident. You’re injured. You’re scared. Your car is damaged. This is a moment when you’re typically not thinking clearly. Here are a few things to keep in mind after you’ve been in a car accident.
- Never leave the scene of an accident
- Always call the police. Get a case number, the officer’s name, and a phone number.
- Do not admit fault. This is something the insurance company will prove or disprove later.
- Always collect as much information as you can on everyone involved. Collect names, phone numbers, insurance information, and license numbers.
- Always report the accident to your insurance company.
- Take photos of the scene. Capture the car placement and damages, as well as any road conditions that led to the accident.
- Seek medical attention. Whether you need immediate attention or not, go get checked out at the ER or by your primary care physician.
- Consult with an accident attorney after your accident to know how to get the compensation and help you need.