The 4th of July is a celebration of our independence! It’s the day that our founding fathers declared the United States of America as a new nation, and we celebrate it every year in commemoration of those who created our great nation centered around the idea of “life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness!”
While the 4th is a celebration of America’s history, it is also a great chance to get the family together for a barbecue, go to the fair, parade, and fireworks and enjoy a concert or picnic. Savor the holiday’s festivities, but also be cautious of the potential dangers this weekend.
- Be careful with dogs. They are especially agitated, because of fireworks and other loud noises.
- People may choose to celebrate with alcoholic beverages and other substances. Be careful while you a driving for those on the roadway, and careless pedestrians on the street.
- If you choose to drink, do not drive. A DUI costs from $4,500-$10,000 – not including the potential cost of taking a life or getting in an accident. Instead of driving, contact Uber, Lyft or a local taxi service for safe transportation instead.
- Always know what fireworks you are using, and read the cautionary labels before igniting them.
- Only use the fireworks outdoors in a clear area; away from buildings and vehicles.
- Never carry the fireworks in your pocket, or shoot them in a metal or glass container.
- nly light one firework at a time.
Enjoy your 4th of July festivities, and safely celebrate America’s independence Monday!
LINKS: Uber — https://get.uber.com/